Friday, March 11, 2011

blue skies.


It's amazing the things we take for granted. I woke up this morning and opened up my Twitter (yes, I read my twitter before I watch the news) and all that my feed was about was the tsunami and earthquake that occurred in Japan. It's devastating watching all the destruction. Then there were warnings for Hawaii and the west coast. It seemed so close at that time.

I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty about waking up and bitching about the snow this morning. Everyday for the last three months the majority of us mid-westerners despise the snow. We loathe the inconvenience of it, the cold, the unpredictability of it --- but what if we were given 10 seconds warning that we were about to be hit with one of the most devastating earthquakes in the last century? I don't think we realize how lucky we are sometimes.

I know I tend to forget about the little things. I've been so focused on the bigger picture that I have neglected the things in front of me that I do have, that I'm so lucky to have. So when the sun began to shine this afternoon, I snapped this picture... to remind myself how lucky we actually are. To be thankful for the little things.

I'm lucky to have...
  • amazing family and friends
  • my health
  • creativity
  • the country at my fingertips and the city within an arms reach
  • a new-found community of inspiring, blogging, twitter friends
  • my car not completely damaged after the break-in
What are you lucky to have??

Love always,
me




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me some love?! Why thank you!!