Thursday, March 10, 2011

A very simple notion.


It's been an interesting few weeks. Actually, it's just been an interesting few months, haha, even years... and I've done a lot of reflecting recently... thinking about life and how it works out. Thinking about the people that come and go in our lives... the rhyme and reason for it. A person could make themselves half crazy thinking about it all. I've done that, almost drove myself crazy trying to figure it all out. And I have realized that I'll never have those answers, that I have to chalk it up as a lesson learned and hand the reins over to someone bigger and more powerful than I. And hope that He's got a really good plan in store for me...I'm hoping... and praying.

I know that at the end of the day the most important thing is to be true to yourself. It sounds like a very simple notion. But I think it's one of the most difficult.

Of course, we all want to please others. To help others. To do good for others - but I'm learning that the first step in that - is to do good for ourselves. We need to take note of the things that make us the happiest; whether it be something as small as a piece of chocolate or as large as a vacation to the beach. We need to allow ourselves that happiness, and NOT allow those around us to strip us of it.

At 27, I feel like I'm finally becoming who I'm supposed to be. I'm learning what I can deal with, and what I can't. What I need, and what I don't. What makes me laugh and smile and what makes me sad. I've learned what I can compromise for others - and I've also learned what I can't. And I think that's the biggest - knowing what we WON'T compromise.

My goal is to do what makes me happy. And I want you to do the same. I want to embark on a journey of realizing what it is that makes us all happy, that makes us all tick. I want to challenge you to notice what it is about yourself that you WON'T compromise for others. Share it and be proud of it. No matter how big or small.

For a long time (about 3 years) I've wanted a tattoo on my wrist. I have always wanted it to say "inspire. dream. believe. faith." I want it to be a constant reminder to always... "be inspired. dream big. believe in myself. and have faith in all things, no matter what." And I now also feel inspired to share that with all of you... I want you to join me on this adventure...

What makes you happy?

Love always,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me some love?! Why thank you!!